Jon Reiss on IIFF Panel Thurs Oct 29th and Think Outside the Box Office Book Signing
For those LA area residents dying to get one of the preview copies of the book, I’m doing a book signing after my appearance on an IIFF Financing Town Hall meeting at Bergamont Station in Santa Monica. You can sign up by clicking here. Here are the details:
The Los Angeles chapter of the Institute for Int’l Film Financing (IIFF) continues its acclaimed gatherings at the junction of film & finance with a highly topical FILM FINANCING TOWNHALL in Santa Monica. Don’t miss this powerful learning & networking opportunity. Join us on Thursday (10/29) evening at Bergamot Station!
For complete event details, please visit –
This uniquely valuable meeting features a WORLD-CLASS LINEUP of authoritative speakers, including:
1) RANDY MENDELSOHN, ESQ., President/CEO at financing boutique Atomic Finance & Capital; Founder/Principal at law firm with emphasis on movie & TV finance, production, distribution & talent agreements; clients incl. financiers, distributors, sales agents, management co’s & filmmakers; arranges financing for movie & TV production, acquisition, distribution & marketing; represented banks/funds/investors providing funding for 100+ movies; etc.
2) JOHN CONES, ESQ., leading securities/entertainment attorney & author of “43 Ways to Finance Your Feature Film”; advises film, video, TV & theater producers about investor financing of entertainment projects & business start-ups; helped prepare business plans or required securities documents for 250+ such offerings for feature film development deals, production & completion funds, along with documentaries, music projects & TV pilots; etc.
3) BRUCE BARTLETT, veteran literary agent with 15+ years of experience, MBA from UCLA & extensive relationships with studios, producers & financiers; VP at Beverly Hills-based literary boutique Above The Line Agency; reps film & TV writers, directors & producers; sells feature film scripts & clients’ services to all industry levels; fmr. Sales Director at Independent Advantage Financial, serving as investment advisor & leading sales team of 20; etc.
4) ELSA RAMO, ESQ., successful indie producer & entertainment attorney representing corporate clients as well as filmmakers, agents & managers; Founder/Attorney at own Beverly Hills-based law firm focusing on legal services to financiers, producers & other creatives (e.g., “Loaded”, “Alone in the Dark II”, “Gene Generation”); Producer of “In NorthWood”, “A Woman Called Job”, “Heckler”, “Hack!”, “The Last Sentinel”, “Cult”, “Ghost Game”; etc.
5) JEREMY JUUSO, Harvard-educated film finance consultant; specializes in creating film business plans & advising both filmmakers & movie investors; author of new book “Getting the Money: A Step-by-Step Guide for Writing Business Plans for Film” & “The A.K.A. Report” (quarterly analysis of theatrical market for indies); financial advisor to Fly High Films; previously performed investor-database construction & treasury analysis for MGM; etc.
+ 2 MORE TOPICAL EXPERTS!
A comprehensive list of all speakers (plus bios), their topics, as well as AFFORDABLE TICKETS are available at –
Our friends at the Writers Boot Camp are hosting us in their state-of-the-art facilities:
IIFF/LA Film Financing Townhall Meeting
Thursday, October 29, 2009
7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Writers Boot Camp (WBC)
Bergamot Station Arts Center
2525 Michigan Ave, Bldg I
Santa Monica, CA 90404
LIMITED CAPACITY. Act now to SECURE YOUR SEATS at –
We would be delighted to count you among our guests on the 29th. Please bring your colleagues & associates!
Your Friends at IIFF