For those LA area residents dying to get one of the preview copies of the book, I’m doing a book signing after my appearance on an IIFF Financing Town Hall meeting at Bergamont Station in Santa Monica. You can sign up by clicking here. Here are the details:
The Los Angeles chapter of the Institute for Int’l Film Financing (IIFF) continues its acclaimed gatherings at the junction of film & finance with a highly topical FILM FINANCING TOWNHALL in Santa Monica. Don’t miss this powerful learning & networking opportunity. Join us on Thursday (10/29) evening at Bergamot Station!
For complete event details, please visit –
This uniquely valuable meeting features a WORLD-CLASS LINEUP of authoritative speakers, including:
1) RANDY MENDELSOHN, ESQ., President/CEO at financing boutique Atomic Finance & Capital; Founder/Principal at law firm with emphasis on movie & TV finance, production, distribution & talent agreements; clients incl. financiers, distributors, sales agents, management co’s & filmmakers; arranges financing for movie & TV production, acquisition, distribution & marketing; represented banks/funds/investors providing funding for 100+ movies; etc.
2) JOHN CONES, ESQ., leading securities/entertainment attorney & author of “43 Ways to Finance Your Feature Film”; advises film, video, TV & theater producers about investor financing of entertainment projects & business start-ups; helped prepare business plans or required securities documents for 250+ such offerings for feature film development deals, production & completion funds, along with documentaries, music projects & TV pilots; etc.
3) BRUCE BARTLETT, veteran literary agent with 15+ years of experience, MBA from UCLA & extensive relationships with studios, producers & financiers; VP at Beverly Hills-based literary boutique Above The Line Agency; reps film & TV writers, directors & producers; sells feature film scripts & clients’ services to all industry levels; fmr. Sales Director at Independent Advantage Financial, serving as investment advisor & leading sales team of 20; etc.
4) ELSA RAMO, ESQ., successful indie producer & entertainment attorney representing corporate clients as well as filmmakers, agents & managers; Founder/Attorney at own Beverly Hills-based law firm focusing on legal services to financiers, producers & other creatives (e.g., “Loaded”, “Alone in the Dark II”, “Gene Generation”); Producer of “In NorthWood”, “A Woman Called Job”, “Heckler”, “Hack!”, “The Last Sentinel”, “Cult”, “Ghost Game”; etc.
5) JEREMY JUUSO, Harvard-educated film finance consultant; specializes in creating film business plans & advising both filmmakers & movie investors; author of new book “Getting the Money: A Step-by-Step Guide for Writing Business Plans for Film” & “The A.K.A. Report” (quarterly analysis of theatrical market for indies); financial advisor to Fly High Films; previously performed investor-database construction & treasury analysis for MGM; etc.
+ 2 MORE TOPICAL EXPERTS!
A comprehensive list of all speakers (plus bios), their topics, as well as AFFORDABLE TICKETS are available at –
Our friends at the Writers Boot Camp are hosting us in their state-of-the-art facilities:
IIFF/LA Film Financing Townhall Meeting
Thursday, October 29, 2009
7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Writers Boot Camp (WBC)
Bergamot Station Arts Center
2525 Michigan Ave, Bldg I
Santa Monica, CA 90404
LIMITED CAPACITY. Act now to SECURE YOUR SEATS at –
We would be delighted to count you among our guests on the 29th. Please bring your colleagues & associates!
Your Friends at IIFF